Company contact person name:Pestalozzi Education Centre Primary and Secondary School
Company contact person tel:+260 978950599, +260 963 755677
Company contact person mail:email@example.com
Primary school in Lusaka, Zambia
- An ethos of passion, tolerance, caring and service to the community
- Outstanding education for head, heart and hands
- Quality primary education with access to ICT
Pestalozzi Education Centre provides an education for life:
- Promoting co-operation among students through an appreciation of the diversity of cultural, social and religious beliefs
- Promoting peaceful co-existence and the highest moral values
- Providing life skills for personal growth and development of the communities from which pupils come from
Curriculum and class sizes
Pestalozzi Education Centre offers the Zambian curriculum. Throughout the school the maximum number of pupils in each class is 25.
The average score for Grade 7 results in 2015 was 794, with all 32 students entered achieving results between 734 to 835 marks. The average for Grade 9 in 2015 was 432, with three pupils scoring above 500 and a top score of 517.
School hours and transport
Pupils attend school from 07:15 hrs to 15:30 hrs or 16.30 hrs depending on the days of the week. There are five bus routes covering the whole of Lusaka with pick up points including town, Great East Road, Ndeke Meanwood, Chilenje, Burma Road, Woodlands, Crossroads, Nyumbayanga, Airport Roundabout, Kalingalinga, Avondale, Chainda, Twin Palms, Ibex Hill, Kabulonga and Longacres.
Secondary school in Lusaka, Zambia
- GCE examination centre
- Science and computer labs
- Highly qualified teachers
Curriculum, class sizes and streaming
Throughout the school the maximum number of pupils in each class is 25. The school has 2 to 3 streams operating in each year group based on pupils’ ability in Science, English and Mathematics. Education at the school is in line with the Pestalozzi philosophy of head, heart and hands, with a hands on approach to learning.
The school has new science labs, one each for physics, biology and chemistry, with up to date equipment.
Computers and technology
The schools computer lab has desktop PCs for a full class of 25. In addition the school has tablet computers for use in classrooms.